It sounds simple enough. Sit down. But around the time the two big kids get off the bus at night, unpack their bags, start cooking dinner, it gets so busy, just sitting, doesn't happen. At all. Until I'm sleeping.
I'm okay with it. Shit needs getting done and I'm the one to keep the ball rolling. It's the busiest time of day, but at the end, and all 4 are sweetly asleep, I get the feeling of accomplishment, I did my job.
However, last night, I did decide to just sit. AJ wanted to cuddle - which usually entails just sitting next to him. But this time, he climbed on my lap with his blanky, we got our snuggly blanket over the both of us, and just sat there watching Cars. Giggling, cuddling, and getting all warm and cozy sitting there. I fell asleep, sitting up - at like 7pm. It was wonderful. Daddy was jealous of that cuddle session. He should be. It was awesome. And unusual. And awesome.
I decided to take him up at a decent time around 8pm just because the in and out of slumber I was experiencing was making me even more tired and I wanted to get the bedtime ball rolling. I decided to not read to him as I always do, didn't think my eyes would stay open long enough, but that was okay. He was chatty. Two of his cousins are coming over today and he was so excited. Sitting right up telling me how they were going to play with everything and listing all of his things they would play with. And sit in a chair. And go in the cubby. Jump on the trampoline. Play in my playhouse. He was very serious about it all. And then he tells me he's the daddy and I'm the mommy, since I told him we were going to take care of them, he took his role very seriously.
Cutest thing ever.
Then another unusual thing. The cat, who usually scratches all of the kids if they come within a foot of her, climbed up and let Adam pet her. She was purring and rubbing all over his hands and even put her nose up against his nose. He loves animals, and usually pets her if I'm petting her so that she doesn't notice it's him, but this time it was all him. I was happy for him.
I love this age. He'll wave goodbye to the big boys' bus driver, be helpful unloading the shopping cart, be curious and imaginative. It's the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment