It's finally getting warm outside. The kids are now in shorts, the bedding at night is becoming lighter and lighter. Doors are being left open to let the fresh air in. Days are spent outside. Lots of sunshine.
Outside this morning, somewhat of a rarity happens - Adam wants Ethan in his wagon to tow him behind with his tractor power wheels. I set Ethan in and walk alongside them.
Adam stops near the back of the house when he spots a dandelion. He runs over and picks it. Smells it. Runs back and picks another and gives in to Ethan who is still waiting to ride in the wagon.
Ethan drops the oreo he has been holding to take the dandelion. Adam smiles at me and gets back on the tractor. He knew he did something nice and he knew I was pleased.
The both have their dandelions pressed against their noses and away they go again.
Ethan looks back up at me and grins with that one dimple in his cheek and says a sound that I think is 'Yay!'
<3
A little while later as we're all lounging around the yard, Adam grins at me again and says, "I'm being nice. You are happy with me!"
Yes I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment