Monday, April 27, 2015

UP

Last night was what I call the Sunday night hustle.  Two packets of math homework, which can be extensive for the 2nd grader, baths/showers - for hopefully all 4 boys, and hopefully land a nice bedtime hour.

Nailed it.  While I made dinner, hubby tackled the math.  Dinner together at the table.  Baths/showers - all done by around 6:30pm!  Then we got a movie night, which no one ever agrees on the movie, so it was my choice.  I picked UP, just seemed like the one to watch.

Well, lo and behold, one of the kids is like me...my mom told me I used to cry over Disney movies.  AJ sat there saying he didn't want to watch the movie with his face all serious and mouth hanging open pretty much the whole time. 

I mean, who would have thought.  So I try to put myself in a little person's view...okay, there is a mean guy who is trying to hurt a child and an old man.  Mean dogs are everywhere.  The mean villain tries to burn a house down.  They capture the bird and drag it away.  Airplanes shoot at the child who is hanging out of a blimp barely hanging on.  The group almost falls off a cliff.

So yeah, I guess it is kind of traumatic.  I just wanted to see the balloons carry the house away and the dog talking...


But I did manage to get EJP in his crib asleep at 8pm! Which has never happened, so that at least was a mom win!

No comments:

Post a Comment