Thursday, April 30, 2015

Quiet Moments

Lots of sweet moments today, but the last of the night...
getting all the boys in their beds tucked in tight, ST is the first to start drifting off and I scooch in for cuddles and he tells me he had library, (which was the other day) making me realize just how close to dreamland he is getting, he says 'I wasn't tired, but now I am' and he's rubbing his favorite blanket with his eyes shut, and I asked him, 'you had a good day huh?" and he shakes his head yes.  Bliss.  When he lets down the guard and miserable attitude exterior, I get to see that beautiful child inside shine out.  It's like lassoing the moon!  Now if I could find a way to keep that part of him very much dominant, I'd feel like I finally did my job right.

We had all rode 4 wheeler together instead of having a movie night, it was wonderful, we all enjoyed it very much.  AJ cried when it was over, so he got one last ride around solo with Daddy.

AJ requested curious George to watch on TV and then stated that he was curious George, he's pretty much right, there are a lot of similarities.

I got one on one with AJ while EJP napped earlier, and we bounced on the trampoline, he just wanted to wrestle and cuddle and look at bugs.  Using one of Shawn's words from his insect work book...I think AJ could end up being an 'Entomologist' - if that's the right word...

These boys light up if I take just a second of time with them.  I left the baby inside playing with the radio on the PW tractor and went outside and bounced on the trampoline with the 3 big boys.  They lit up.  All just so happy and content and getting along.

EJP and AJ and JJ all got haircuts today, all looking super cute as they ever have been.

Gosh they are so beautiful.

What wasn't so beautiful was finding a worm on my living room carpet wriggling around, I did not handle it well, I reverted to a screaming girl.

also...EJP surprised me the other day, as the school bus was driving away I was telling AJ to wave, and instead, I caught him waving, this boy has skills I didn't know.  He's getting bigger on me every day, he loves music and dancing and will turn on any radio he finds, points and jabbers, and loves to swing especially on my lap and will giggle and say 'weeeeee'.

No comments:

Post a Comment