Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Everyday Awesome

I started this blog to document sweet things I know I'll forget over time, but I've come to notice just in the first couple of days, every single day has at least one moment I can't wait to write about, so I think even with this blog, there will be so many entries, everything will get lost in the process.  But it's refreshing, no matter my doubts about the path of life I'm on, maybe I am where I was meant to be after all, if I find so much joy in this life.

So last night around 8pm I carried AJ up the stairs to bed after his foot trauma and instead of me reading to him, he picked out a seek and find book of Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  So he sat there telling me about everything on the page he saw, as I nodded off.  He kept talking to me to rouse me and I'd squint one eye open and talk to him to let him know I was listening, but I couldn't help it, laying nice and warm cuddling him, knowing he was safe and sound and happy, relaxes me in the most complete way and my body shuts down, content.

About a half hour later, mom brain hears a baby crying, so wide awake I am in an instant, leave the utterly perfect asleep AJ cuddled in bed, to go downstairs.  EJP is tired and carrying his blanky around the house, he wants to cuddle and nurse, as do I.

ST and JJ are still playing video games at 8:30pm and Daddy is asleep with fever.  Yesterday was the first day back to school after a week off, so they were tired and especially JJ, having a fit because he was losing the race and an even bigger meltdown when I shut everything off.

I mean bawling, yelling meltdown. 

Luckily the two of them cooperated and went right up to bed.  I cuddled in with JJ first because plain and simple he needed me.  He needed help coming down from the emotions.  He curled right up against me like a baby and instantly soothed.  He fit with me perfectly like we were made for each other, even I felt the calmness of it.  I caressed his face and hair for a bit as his eyes drooped.  I knew he was okay and ready for sleep, gave him kisses, good night, I love you.

By that time I was exhausted and ready to drop - so no book reading tonight - and could hear EJP downstairs starting to escalate.  So I tucked in ST layer by layer slowly - pull off all his bedding, layer the fleece sheet out, then his doubly big comforter right up to his neck, then his hand crocheted creeper blanket, tucked them nice and snug as a bug around his body while I talked to him.  He was kind of peeved at the lack of cuddles, but as I rested my head on him like a pillow and squeezed him tight, kissed his face all over, his face lit up with smiles - which is awesome to see being that he's 7 going on 13 Mr. Attitude most of the time.  I could feel the love emanating from him to me.  It was beautiful and special.  I love you, kiss good night.

EJP's turn to cuddle all night long.

Daddy takes the couch.

Morning breaks with -20 below and a 2 hour delay.  Thank God.  I get a nice long shower.  Daddy stays home sick, for like the 2nd time in 5 years.  It is awesome.  ST is super happy, talkative - mom watch this, mom look, telling me stories about how he made up words like na na nah boo boo, booty face etc.  AJ cuddles next to Daddy with his boo boo foot propped up on Daddy's leg.  Then JJ and AJ buddy up and giggle and play.  Nice and relaxing morning.  Just wonderful.  ST doesn't agree with the clothes I picked out for him, so he goes upstairs and ruffles around and picks out his own wardrobe.  He picks a long sleeve gray shirt with red and black stripes with an orange long sleeve shirt over it.  I tell him he'll be hot, he says good he wants to irritate himself.  Sigh, he's growing up.  He happily gets ready for school and tells me he wants to go to school, that he's only going to play video games every two days and needs a chart to record it.  He is so happy and cooperative and helpful - I love it!  I haven't seen him this way in a long time. 
I have to practically drag JJ downstairs away from AJ since they are having so much fun just to make him get dressed.

AJ comes out with us and waves at the bus as they drive away.

Just the type of day that I don't want to send my kids to school.  I'm enjoying them too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment