Friday, February 20, 2015

Sex Talks

The main reason for this blog was so that one day I/we could look back on this time and refresh the memory of how it really was.

Yes, I'm having sex talks here and there already with ST and he's 7.  Things pop up, wink wink, and questions get asked.  So I'm going to answer them.  I hope that all of these small sex talks will make our relationship easy and open and when the time comes, something personal and important needs to be discussed, it can be trusting and easy to talk it out.  I hope I make it something not embarrassing, just honest and real.

So anyway, we've had a few little chats, basically about what boy and girl parts are called and what's different. That the Daddy has one part and the Mommy has the other to make the baby and that the Mommy grows the baby.
About personal stuff, that his privates are his privates, if he wants to look at his own or touch his own, that that's fine.  But no one else can look or touch his and vice versa.  That he will grow hair - he says I already have hair on my head - I reassure, it will be in other places, his armpits, his privates, that got a giggle.  I think I am doing it in a good, age appropriate, non judgmental way as it comes up in conversation.

Last night was a doozy.  Somehow at bedtime we got talking about sex stuff.  Basically I told him how I have a uterus that the baby grows inside and that attached to that are tubes on each side that lead to the eggs.  He was amazed that I have eggs, I reassured him, not the chicken egg with the hard shell kind, that they are tiny, he asks, 'like infinity?'  I say yes, microscopic. He wonders if the tubes are black, I say I don't know maybe red.  He was amazed.  We go on to talk how boys and girls are different.  He was confused thinking that the baby comes out the butt.  I explained again that the baby is where the uterus is not where the poop is and reminded him how girls have that extra hole.  He was kind of horrified asking wasn't the hole small and not big.  I say not too big.  He could not understand how a baby could come out of such a small hole.  Aren't we all!  I say, it's just how we are made.  He asked if girl's skin was somehow stronger than boys skin.  I say no.  He says does it hurt and does your skin rip?  I say yes it hurts but only for a little while and yes skin can rip but then you just get stitches and it heals all better...

def more graphic as I had hoped to go into....

So he asks if I had four stitches, I say yes I had stitches for all of them.  He was amazed.  I reassured. 

Hope that didn't scar him for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment