It has been a long time I think since I've thought to blog, not that there isn't great and memorable things to document each and every day, it's just that those moments are fleeting and pass me by quicker than I can absorb them half the time, and the days blur together more often than not.
I figured it was time for some positivity, being that a local toddler was found murdered by her own father....
I cannot stress it enough, these kids are my soul, I see heaven in them, especially when they sleep. I've been pushed beyond my limits as a parent, but never could I harm the people who define me. That is my one job as a parent, to keep them safe. If I fail that, I die. Summer when JJ broke his arm, that was horrific as a parent, to have that happen and not be able to fix it.
So just yesterday was filled with treasures, as I lit my remembrance candle last night for the slain toddler, I lit 4 wicks for my 4 hearts that beat on as that little baby should have.
We had a big event happen - JJ got his first friend phone call.
ST has had his first phone conversation in which he hides in my bedroom and I peek in to see him merrily chatting away while mindlessly frollicing around on my bed, but JJ getting a phone call - it's an odd thing as a parent, like, how did we get here, aren't they still babies, are we on the verge of teenagers already!
EJP has significant speech delay so he had his first therapy yesterday, in which he cried and threw toys as we left, he liked it that much and didn't want to be done, but last night he comes up to me and the question hit me seconds after he uttered it - "Where's cup?" It's like my brain couldn't process actual crystal clear words. That works, found that cup speedy quick I did.
AJ cracks me up on a daily basis, drives me absolutely bonkers, but can be so funny. I told him thank you for doing something and he shoots back - "You're welcome dontcha know."
He's taken a keen interest in academics just this last week since he started nailing writing his name, confidence is starting to grow and last night he initiated a game everyone started playing - he started saying 'Ca Ca Ca....cup!' Matching words to their sounds! I was shocked, he was struggling quite a bit - 'Ca Ca Ca....Ladder! Ca Ca Ca...train!' I kept redirecting and clarifying sounds. By the end he was saying "Ca Ca Ca...Santa Claus. Ca Ca Ca piston cup! Ca Ca Clock! Ca Ca train track!' So proud. He's getting it. He's excited to learn for the first time. I'm excited. The other day doing his homework writing his name he tells me - "I'm on it!" You sure are.
JJ likes dealing with time. He likes to countdown to everything. AJ's birthday party a couple of weeks ago, days until Spring, days until Easter, days until 100 days at school, friend's birthday parties, until his own birthday. If something gets close, we get a big 'Yay' - I love how he makes a celebration of it.
Last night, I was eager to have EJP climb into bed. Nothing more peaceful - if he's not flopping around or poking my eyeballs! He snuggled right in, biting the blankets and wiggling. Lately we've been reviewing his body parts as part of the calming down process. He loves that more than Twinkle twinkle little star - that is hit or miss - he'll either try to sing along or slap my face to stop! So we review head, eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, nose, feet, belly. Add knees that he doesn't know yet. He's all smiles, nestles his head right up against me so tight it almost hurts. I'm good with it.
Blessed. Thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment