Friday, June 12, 2015

Fake Birthday

ST has a summer birthday, lucky dude! It was a horrible experience for me, being prego and huge in summer, so even if I ever have another baby, he will be the only summer baby of the bunch! 

So today in his class, it's his designated fake birthday.  Being that they are out of school on summer vacation, he gets the experience in his classroom.  He requested cupcakes and goody bags.  I obliged.

Talk about excited.

He was hoot 'n hollering all morning like the Tazmanian Devil.  Literally yelling and running around the house.  Crossing his eyes, touching his tongue to his chin.  And talking, a lot. Mimicking how on The Regular Show some character talks all tight lipped about their band name (and I couldn't tell what he was saying) that sounded like - "Mustache Catstache."  Just silly nonsense.

I decided since I had to take a trip to the school to drop off his cupcakes and goody bags, I might as well bring them to school instead of the long bus ride.

Oh boy.  This got him even more excited.  Something different and special.  Watching out the window - "Hide guys! Here comes the bus!"

Needless to say, he didn't eat any breakfast at all and talked all the way to school.

"Mom I need to tell you something..."

and he went on about how Susan B. Anthony got women to vote.  That she died before then.  So women were voting and she wasn't alive.  I told him that's what a legacy is, that someone does something great with their lives and people talk about them even after they die.  That women couldn't talk in public, probably to their parents, but not in public.  That men got married and ruled the house.  That Susan B. Anthony did stuff to change that.  That "It's We the People, not We the Men."

I told him he's teaching me.  He says, it's probably because you never learned that.  I may have learned that, but forgot it long ago.

Just one of those times, I'm excited for him and I just have to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment